Leather is one of the materials that are making waves in the latest jewelry trends. If you own leather necklaces or bracelets, keep in mind that this special material will have other cares. Being leather we must be careful with the use of water since its excess can ruin your jewelry made of leather.
We know how difficult this can be especially in hot climates, and that we also like to wear them when taking a bath. It is also advisable to wear this jewelry after perfume or any other cosmetic product that could be harmful. Therefore, we will leave you some tips for you to clean your leather jewelry correctly.
How To Clean A Leather Bracelet or Necklace
To clean this jewelry you will only need water and a cotton cloth that does not release fibers. If your bracelet or necklace has some more stubborn stains, you can use a delicate soap.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Half a glass of water
- Neutral soap
- A clean cloth
Steps to follow:
- Pour the water and neutral soap into a container.
- Mix water and neutral soap in a container.
- Use a clean cotton cloth and soak it in soapy water.
- Rub to clean the leather bracelet or necklace.
- Gently rub the cloth all over the jewelry to make sure it is completely clean.
- Remove excess moisture using another clean, dry cloth. Try to dry your jewelry as much as possible.
- If you see that the dirt has not completely disappeared, you can repeat the same operation and use a soft brush before proceeding to dry the bracelet.
- Note that this home remedy works best on synthetic or eco-friendly leather.
- Put this household trick into practice every time you want to clean your bracelets, necklaces, and leather objects using inexpensive and very easy-to-find products.
How to remove bad odor from leather jewelry?
Since leather is a natural material made from tanned animal skin, it can absorb odors from perfume or sweat. It is a more durable material than others, but at the same time, it is also more difficult to maintain.
Here are some home remedies to help us clean leather bracelets and necklaces and make them look in perfect condition by removing any odors they may have absorbed:
- Keep leather dry. If your leather jewelry has gotten wet, try to dry it quickly. If this is not possible, leave them next to a heat source so that the moisture evaporates and with it its odor.
- You can use a dryer at low power, or place the jewelry under indirect sunlight.
- You can also help yourself with a little baking soda. Sprinkle a small amount around your bracelets in a box. Close the lid and leave it on overnight.
- The next day the baking soda will have absorbed all the odors.
- Wrapping your jewelry in a sheet of newspaper also absorbs any odors the leather may have picked up.
Keep in mind that to extend the life of your leather jewelry, it is very important to keep it Dry. And don't forget the How to Clean Leather Jewelry to keep them beautiful.
That a bracelet or leather necklace catches the smell of moisture or sweat is very common, as they are jewelry that we wear and do not take off in a long season, showering and bathing if it is summer on beaches and swimming pools with them. Anyway, it is a problem that as we have seen has an easy solution.
Besides, don't worry, leather is a naturally porous material and just by letting time go by, it will lose the odor it has caught.
How to restore shine to leather?
You can try to restore the shine to your leather jewelry with a few simple steps.
- First of all, clean the jewelry well as we have previously told you.
- Let the jewelry dry and let the leather dry completely. It will take about 15 minutes.
- Apply a small amount of hand cream or moisturizer on the leather rubbing subtly and very gently. This will remove the dull layer that covers the leather and moisturize it deeply. You can also use olive oil for this purpose, although we recommend you use the moisturizing cream as it will leave a much more pleasant smell on your jewelry.
- So now you know, this season's trends are worn on your wrist!
What are you waiting for, now that you know how to clean leather jewelry, you have no excuses to make them look clean and beautiful.
You must take care of them because leather is always a trend. We don't usually wear them as jewelry, but they are a perfect accessory that never goes out of style. Read on to find out why.
Reasons to love leather jewelry
Leather in the fashion world has come full circle from the old days of leather jackets to a more elaborate selection of fashionable leather items ranging from handbags, shoes, pants, belts, and jewelry, among others.
The leather look is mainly associated with bikers and rock stars and portrays a sense of toughness and a "chic" rude style for women. A leather accessory is a must-have accessory. They add the perfect finishing touch to everything and for any type of outfit that makes you look 'chic' always wear leather.
Why wear leather necklaces or bracelets?
It's simple: the simplicity of leather jewelry makes them appealing to all age groups. Their simple nature makes them the perfect finishing touch to any outfit; be it formal or casual wear. Leather fits like a glove and gives you and your outfit a 'rugged' look and finish.
Colors: leather can be dyed and as such, leather necklaces come in different colors to brighten up your day and skin tone. Leather symbolizes strength, power, and pride, making them a great piece to add to your accessory collection to give you that cool, confident, and bold look every time.
Transforms easily: leather jewelry can be worn alone or combined with gold, silver, and diamonds to create new jewelry pieces to tone down or amplify the look of any event.
Gift choice: leather's durability, versatility, and quality make it the perfect gift item for any occasion. It can be a birthday or wedding gift, leather fits and enhances the fun of the event and you can be sure it will never go out of style and retains its look with a simple maintenance process.
Lastly, like all leather, you always look amazing with a leather necklace.
So you know, this trend this season is here to stay! Don't think twice, now that you also know how to clean a leather bracelet or necklace to make them last longer. Do not stay without your accessory to show off your looks or you can combine them with each other getting your own style.